Our newest addition, the Bunka Dress Form, is true to the human body ensuring perfectly fitting garments.
Traditional Western dress forms (Scroll to second photo; Top Right) portray a stylized version of the human body that is loosely based on standard hip waist and shoulder measurements. For this reason the shape is not accurate to that of the human body.
Bunka Fashion College in Japan, in collaboration with the Digital Human Laboratory and AIST (Advances Industrial Science and Technology in Japan), developed a new dress form based on the average dimensions of actual human body forms. Body scanning technology was used to derive the measurements, curves and overall shape.
The bust, waist and hip dimensions represent the average body form of young adult females today.
One of the most noticeable differences in is the shoulder. Western dress forms shoulder opening is a near perfect oval, while in reality the opening is more triangular. Therefore, the Bunka dress form has a more natural armhole opening.
Also, the waist has a more natural curve when compared to the square and geometrical traditional form.
Find one here.
32 Notes/ Hide
- prince-abactor likes this
- galaxisenoshimas reblogged this from beropa
- azenkedvesem likes this
- miyukiinwonderland17 likes this
- angryspatula reblogged this from doreenann
- angryspatula likes this
- doreenann reblogged this from modelsandstuff
- doreenann likes this
- iwbss likes this
- sfdjeytdhs likes this
- ek-vb likes this
- haramharem reblogged this from modelsandstuff
- ediesaysmeow likes this
- s-eon reblogged this from modelsandstuff
- whateverthehelliwant likes this
- whoshottyrone likes this
- glitterjig likes this
- sleazymotel likes this
- atwistedface reblogged this from modelsandstuff
- cacao-no-more likes this
- eightmind likes this
- urkahscapuj likes this
- givenchyghost likes this
- 1icked likes this
- modelsandstuff reblogged this from beropa
- saveyourselfillscarecrow likes this
- saveyourselfillscarecrow reblogged this from beropa
- whothehellisbenedict reblogged this from ohayoalaiyo
- ohayoalaiyo reblogged this from beropa
- nelaviv likes this
- princessbaeddelgum reblogged this from beropa
- twononaka likes this
- princessswanky reblogged this from beropa
- beropa posted this